What we love
» All-inclusive, or just the right inclusive? That is the question. Avalon designs its experiences to include everything you need from a river cruise like shore excursions, onboard dinners, beer, wine and WiFi – with the added choice to spend your time and money your way.
» Avalon’s onboard experience is as captivating as your time on shore. Get behind the scenes as you tour the galley and bridge. Get involved in special events or movie nights. Attend exclusive Local Favourites℠ activities like beer and wine tasting or demonstrations by local artisans.
» Avalon says that "opening minds begins with opening staterooms". It’s no surprise then they rejected industry norms to deliver some of the most innovative staterooms in river cruising. Even the placement of your bed is distinct, so you won’t miss a single passing riverscape.
- Breakfast lunch & dinner on board daily
- Sparkling wine with breakfast
- Soft drinks with every onboard lunch
- Regional wine, beer & soft drinks with every onboard dinner
- Bottled water availble daily
- TV channels & over 100 free movie options
- Premium L'Occitane® bath products
- Professional cruise director
- Included sightseeing with certified local guides
- Choice of sightseeing in many cities: Traditional, Leisurely & Independent
- Nordic walking sticks available for time on shore
- EXCLUSIVE Local Favorites℠ on board activities & entertainment
- Port charges plus gratuities for cruise director & ship's crew
INSPIRATIONS FROM THE BLOG
For the last few years, Europe river cruising has evolved in the most surprising ways. And the latest evolution? The ability to bike, hike, canoe and learn your way down one of Europe's most iconic rivers.
For many years I enjoyed racing all over the world. However the travelling lifestyle was far from glamorous – and it certainly wasn’t relaxing. I had my head buried in the chase to win, barely noticing the magnificent countries we passed through.
River cruising remained the fastest growing travel style of 2015 at Travel Associates – our clients booking almost 40% more river cruise holidays compared to last year.
I am relaxing aboard Avalon Panorama, one of the world’s most modern river cruisers, watching the magnificent scenery of the Rhine Gorge slip by. As the next curve in the river approaches, another medieval castle is revealed perched precariously on a cliff edge.